This week we looked at how a Christian person need no longer live the old way. Because of Jesus, we can and ought to live in the new (Ephesians 4:17-32).
This week we looked at what the Bible says about our identity.
- Jeremiah was a bullfrog – the need for biblical theology
- You and the Old Covenant
- The New Covenant and You
- Table Talk: What sort of God and what sort of you?
- How can we understand the place and use of the Old Testament today?
- Read what Jesus says in Matthew 26:28-29. When are the things we have read in Jeremiah fulfilled?
- Read 1 Corinthians 11:23-26. How does the Apostle Paul understand the time, place and people of the ‘new covenant’?
- How does this new covenant work for God’s people today? (2 Corinthians 3:4-6)
- Read Galatians 3:10-14. Who are we according to the new covenant?
- How would you answer someone who said the God of the Old Testament is different to the God of the New Testament?
- What sort of difference is there between the Old and the New?
- It’s the new you!