18-22 August 2008: During this week we will be running events around the theme:
“If I were God…”
- “…I’d give away free food”. Monday: Come to the Student Union (SU) Building from 11.30am for soup and join the discussion in our worldviews survey.
- “…but I am God”. Tuesday: Music and a short address around midday in the SU.
- “…I’d just like to watch”. Tuesday: “If God is there, he doesn’t seem very involved”. Pizza, Coke and a discussion on this topic in the SU from 6.30pm.
- “What if God was one of us?”. Wednesday: Joan Osbourne wrote the song but perhaps you’re wondering about the significance of this question too. Come along for a pancake breakfast in the SU from 8.30am.
- “…I’d end all the pain”. Can Christianity address the issue of suffering? Join the discussion around the BBQ at the Residential Common Room from 6.30pm.
- “…I’d make myself clearer”. Is God there? If so, would the real God please stand up? A reflection on these questions and the Academy Award-winning short film Harvie Krumpet in the SU from 6.30pm.
If you like more information about these events, please contact us.