Month: September 2014
Looking out for One Another (1 Thessalonians 3:1-13)
Annual Dinner 2014
Daniel and Oliver from MST – Staying on Track
When Opposition Comes (1 Thessalonians 2:13-20)
Greg Harris – Staying on Track
Excerpt: A life not lived in vain (1 Thessalonians 2:1-12)
Women’s Conference 2014: All That We Need
Russ Grinter – Staying on Track
‘Receiving the Gospel, Repenting of Idols’ (1 Thessalonians 1)
Ever struggled to stay on track as a Christian? Welcome to the club! It doesn’t matter where you’re at in life, wether at uni, work or retired, staying on track with Jesus can be really difficult at times. That’s why we’re opening up God’s word to the Thessalonians over the next 7 weeks.
The Thessalonians were a small church that was started as the Apostle Paul preached the good news of Jesus and they received it with full conviction. Because of persecution however, Paul had to leave Thessalonica after being with them for only 3 weeks. You can image in how hard it would be to keep staying on track with Jesus with only 3 weeks worth of solid bible teaching! That’s why this letter is so helpful for us. Paul outlines that staying on track as Christians involves these seven things…
1) Receiving the Gospel & Renouncing your Idols (1 Thess 1:1-10)
2) Hearing God’s truth and rejecting all error (1 Thess 2:1-12)
3) Finding your Joy in God and His people (1 Thess 2:13-20)
4) Looking out for One Another (1 Thess 3:1-13)
5) No longer walking in sin, but pleasing God (1 Thess 4:1-12)
6) Preparing for Jesus return (1 Thess 4:13-5:11)
7) Being in a Healthy Church (1 Thess 5:12-28)
This is such a helpful letter for us to hear and heed together.
I do hope you can join us for this series!